Every day we create rubbish. Where does it all go? How do we make less?
Huge amounts of energy, water and other raw materials are used to create the products we buy off the shelf. Some of which stays in our hands for minutes only to then last lifetimes in landfill.
Or worse still, as litter in our oceans or parks.
So, what can we do?
Small choices every day can help:
- Avoid unnecessary waste like plastic packaging
- Recycle stuff like cardboard, glass, paper, plastic, electrical goods and even food scraps
- Choose reusables and pre-loved clothing
- Pick up rubbish off the ground
- Use donation and clean up services for unwanted goods
Find out more
- Check out our Recycling A-Z directory or download the Recycle Smart App for specific and localised info about where to recycle over 250 items
- Order free resources to improve waste and recycling in your apartment building
- Learn where your waste and recycling goes after it’s collected from the kernside bins.
- Find problem waste drop off events and locations
- How and where to recycle soft plastics