Every day we create rubbish. Where does it all go? How do we make less?
Huge amounts of energy, water and other raw materials are used to create the products we buy off the shelf. Some of which stays in our hands for minutes only to then last lifetimes in landfill.
Or worse still, as litter in our oceans or parks.
So, what can we do?
Small choices every day can help:
- Avoid unnecessary waste like plastic packaging
- Recycle stuff like cardboard, glass, paper, plastic, electrical goods and even food scraps
- Choose to reuse, like buying pre-loved clothing and items (think coffee cups!)
- Pick up rubbish off the ground
- Use donation and clean up services for unwanted goods
Find out more