Keen to reduce your waste, learn about sustainable fashion and give single-use plastics the flick from the comfort of your home?
Join us for our Plastic Free July online series. All activities are online and free, but bookings are essential (please click individual links below for details).
- Begin your plastic-free journey with Lindsay Miles - Tuesday 30 June, 6.30-7.30pm
Meet author and passionate zero waste/plastic-free living advocate Lindsay Miles from Treading my Own Path. Whether you’re new to low waste living or a seasoned pro, you won’t want to miss this conversation with Lindsay.
- DIY Toothpaste & deodorant online workshop - Tuesday 7 July, 6.30-7.30pm
In this online DIY workshop you’ll learn how to make simple toothpaste and deodorant recipes that won’t harm you or the environment.
- The Story of Plastic online movie screening - Thursday 16 July 7-9.30pm
The Story of Plastic takes a sweeping look at the man-made crisis of plastic pollution, its worldwide effects and how we can be part of the solution.
- Wild Letter Workshop – Saturday 18 July, 2 to 4pm
Join this fun and creative workshop and learn how to craft persuasive messages to MPs on recycled paper and handmade envelopes, asking for a ban on SUPS.
- DIY Beeswax wraps online workshop - Tuesday 21 July, 6.30-7.30pm
In this online demonstration and Q&A session you will learn everything you need to know about beeswax wraps. Beeswax wraps are a great way to reduce the use of plastic cling wrap to keep foods fresh.
- Plastic Free Trivia night - Thursday 23 July, 7- 8pm
Gather some mates and snacks, put your knowledge to test, have some laughs and win great prizes at our Plastic Free July trivia night.
- Sustainable Fashion - The True Cost Q&A - Thursday 30 July, 7-8.30pm
Hear from the experts like Sandra Capponi (Good on You), Alex van Os (Op Shop to Runway), and Timothy Goh (The Social Outfit) with moderator Clare Press (Wardrobe Crisis), as they unpack the issues in our collective wardrobes and practical solutions to stylish and sustainable fashion.
- DIY Clothes mending online workshop for beginners - Saturday 8 August, 2-3.30pm
Learn simple sewing mending techniques and make the clothes you love last longer. NO sewing machine necessary but there will be demonstrations of repairs done by machine as well as handsewing.
- DIY Ready to Sew reusable bag kit - All July
Make your own reusable bag with one of our 'Ready to Sew reusable bag' kits. You can pick up your FREE kit from the Customer Service Centre at Waverley Council (55 Spring St, Bondi Junction) or the Randwick's Lionel Bowen Library (669 -673 Anzac Parade, Maroubra).
This online series is part of this year's Plastic Free July celebrations by Seaside Scavenge, Plastic Free Bronte, Responsible Runners, Eastern Suburbs Boomerang Bags, Transition Bondi, The Wilderness Society, Protect Our 1 and Waverley Council.