Calling all foodies with an interest in sustainability! Snap and share a photo of your favourite tips to keep your food fresher for longer, recipes to use up odd ends or organisational hack to get the most out of what’s in your fridge and pantry.
Simply email your photo to [email protected] and post it to social media using the hashtags #nofoodwasted #secondnatureimin and tag @WaverleyCouncil
- Live in the Waverley Local Government Area
- Submit your photos on a reasonable size (aim for 1mb or more), in focus and JPEG or PNG format.
- Include a short 50-150 word description of your most practical or creative food waste hack.
- Submit up to three photos however, no entrant may win more than one prize.
- There will be three lucky-dip prizes of Sydney local Sarah Wilson’s cookbook Simplicious Flow: The new zero-waste eating for an elegant life.
- The winners will be randomly drawn from the list of pictures and emails sent to [email protected] and posted on social media.
- The winners will be announced the week of Monday 18 October.
Need some hints?
Check out our webinar with Lottie Dalziel on some helpful hints around food waste and the example below to get your creativity flowing!
Photo of Chilly basil! Leftover green basil with no plans to use it in the next week? Chop up the leftover basil, mix it up with some oil and freeze them in little ice cubes which you can pop in for some extra flavour in your next pasta dish!
Click here for our Terms & Conditions
Questions? Please contact Caitlin Holford via email at [email protected]