What is the United Nations Climate Change conference?
Right now, 20,000 heads of state, diplomats and activists are meeting in Glasgow to agree new targets for cutting fossil fuel emissions that heat the planet, and commit resources to adapting to climate risks already underway, such as deadly heat waves, water shortages, and ecosystem collapse.Read more
Compost Revolution invites you to learn how to turn organic your waste into food for your garden! Join our popular and interactive composting and worm farming workshop online, hosted by the amazing Margaret of Moss House.
You will learn the easy art of composting and worm farming including:
- Principles of composting and worm farming.
- What method is better for you
- How to troubleshoot composting and worm farming problems
- How to properly use compost and worm castings
- The environmental benefits of turning your food and garden waste into compost.
The session will be highly interactive with lots of discussion and opportunities to get your own questions answered!
Book your spot here
Important: You will need a computer with a good internet connection to join the workshop
This workshop is part of Compost Revolution an initiative by Waverley, Woollahra and Randwick Councils.
Stop pouring money down the drain by unintentionally wasting water.
WaterFix® Strata is a Sydney Water service to help you reduce water usage and save on water bills with cost-effective and simple fixes like repairing or replacing leaking, broken or inefficient taps, toilets and showers in apartment blocks.
They work specifically with apartment customers to significantly reduce water use throughout the entire building.
Through WaterFix® Strata you can:
- Assess your building's water use performance
- Fix leaks inside apartments and common areas
- Install water-efficient devices in apartments
This program is brought to you by Waverley, Woollahra and Randwick Councils in collaboration with Sydney Water.
Second Nature Poem Competition Terms & Conditions
- Submissions must be done in accordance to instructions provided on second nature webpage.
- The competition runs from the 8th February to the 8th March 2021.
- Entries close by COB on the 8th of March 2021.
- This competition is free and open to all ages. Entrants under the age of 18 must gain permission from their parents or guardian to enter the competition. Permission must be provided to us via email [email protected]
- All entries must be an independent creation by the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third-party rights.
- All entries must be the original independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third-party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or have been used to win prizes in any other competitions.
- Selected videos will be uploaded on Council’s second nature website.
- If showing faces besides yours, you must have permission of any people
- Entrants must not injure or do anything to put wildlife and plants under distress to secure a video
- Safety is key. Entrants must not do anything that puts the entrant and/or other people in dangerous situations to secure footage. This includes jumping safety fences and standing close to cliffs.
- By submitting an entry, entrants agree to the competition terms and conditions
- The winning entrant must agree to be contacted by the Council via email and provide the required contact details.
- Finalist videos will be selected by Waverley Council and Poetica Founder Miriam Hechtman
- Finalists videos will be uploaded on Council’s second nature website.
- Winners Selection and prize notification:
- The Overall Winner/People’s Choice winner will be selected by the local community voting via Council’s second nature website.
- The winner will be announced late March. Winners will be invited to take part in a poetry night run by Poetica in April. If the winner is not available at the time of announcement, Council will contact them via the Instagram, Twitter or Facebook or details provided when entering the competition.
- Second Chance Draw and notification: If the winners cannot be contacted by 12pm on the day of the award announcements, the prizes will be given to the runner up in each category (overall winner and people’s choice).
- Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Information relating to the Competition and the above Schedule form part of the terms and conditions for the Competition. Waverley Council may vary these terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion.
- Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions as specified in the Poems Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Competition, entrants must complete the process outlined in the Entry Details during the Competition Period. Any entry received outside of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid.
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- Waverley Council reserves the right to request proof of identity and residence at the nominated Prize delivery address and proof of entry validity, in order to claim a Prize. Acceptance of proof of eligibility is at the discretion of Waverley Council. In the event that an entrant cannot provide proof, their entry will be deemed invalid.
- All valid entries are automatically entered into the Winner Selection process.
- The people’s choice decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All Prizes are as depicted or described in the Schedule and, unless otherwise specified, are not transferable or exchangeable. The Promoter is not responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the Prize.
- If the Winner is not able to redeem the Prize on the specified date/s, Waverley Council may determine another Winner in its absolute discretion.
- Waverley Council accepts no responsibility for any loss, damages, or injury incurred to enter the Competition.
- Waverley Council reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the Promoter’s opinion, includes objectionable content.
- This Competition is a game of skill and chance will play no part in determining the Winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon creative merit.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Waverley Council (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal or permanent injury or loss of life; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competition.
- Waverley Council assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alterations of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes including, but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administrative security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available to the fullest extent permitted by law, including to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. Subject to state regulations
- You grant Waverley Council the right to:
- Maintain a digital copy of the video.
- Use your entry in advertisements, website, social media, and annual reports.
- You warrant that you are the owner of all intellectual property rights in your submitted video or have obtained all necessary approvals to permit the use of the video in the Competition. Videos that infringe intellectual property rights will be immediately removed from the Competition. You agree to indemnify Waverley Council against any costs that Waverley Council may incur as a result of any intellectual property rights infringement.
- Waverley Council will acknowledge you in all publicity as the creator of the video.
- Entrants consent to their full names and/or their entries being used in all media, reports, promotional purposes by Waverley Council at no cost for Waverley Council. Entrants acknowledge and agree they may be required to participate in promotional activities while taking up the Prize.
- Waverley Council may use entrants' videos, names and details for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes at no cost for Waverley Council.
- Entrants acknowledge this Competition is in no way associated with or sponsored or endorsed by Facebook/Instagram/Twitter. Any information disclosed by entrants entering this Competition is not provided to Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Competition must be directed to Waverley Council and not to Facebook.